Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will be released for Xbox 360 and PS3 on April 23rd 2013 in America and Europe on April 26th for Capcom’s “Elder Scrolls”-style open-world fantasy Action RPG. This expansion pack will add a number of new features to the game while also containing the entire original game as well.
This new expansion pack will include all-new missions and areas, all-new enemies, a Speedrun Mode, tougher difficulty, the full Japanese language option and VO and more. All kinds of new content will be available for players, such as a new character named Baroque who can give you a new tier to the weapons in your party.
The focalpoint of this expansion is the new “Dark Arisen” quest, where players will get to explore an all-new location called “Bitterblack Isle”, whose evils have sucked up many adventurers who’ve dared to set foot on it. You’ll meet with an NPC (Non-Player Character) in the first town who will give you the quest and lead to the ability to sail over to the island.
The awesome boxart for Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen.
A major new foe you’ll encounter is Death himself, who not only wields a wicked Scythe, but will literally hunt you down throughout the game, much like Nemesis from Resident Evil 3. Thankfully any damage dealt to Death will accumulate from fight to fight, giving you some degree of hope that you may actually be able to defeat him. Just be warned that he is extremely powerful, and will deal death (natch) to your peons with one blow.
Another of the biggest new updates in Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen is a new texture pack that will greatly lessen load times, graphical pop-up issues and other problems (which is an optional install). The fast travel system has also been enhanced with more ferrystones available to make things easier and less frustrating to get around.
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, it’s worth noting, is a retail title and not a download or Downloadable Content (DLC). The reason is due to the vast amount of new content and upgrades, which go behind your typical DLC or Expansion.
However if you own the original title, you can import your save into Dark Arisen for bonus content and items that new players won’t get.
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will be available at a budget price of only $40.
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Synopsis:
Just off the Gransys mainland is the cursed Bitter black Isle where gamers will embark on an all-new quest to discover an underground realm, complete with new terrifying foes and incredible treasure. Owners of the original Dragon’s Dogma will be able to export their existing characters and all other saved data to continue their journey as the Arisen, and face a new threat that has emerged from the cavernous depths.
Players will be able to take their characters to new heights with brand new high-level skills and augments as well as all new weapons and armor sets. Furthermore, owners of the original Dragon’s Dogma will receive 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferry stones and the Gransys Armor Pack consisting of six brand new costumes for free, upon purchasing Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen.
For those that missed Dragon’s Dogma the first time around, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen provides the opportunity to start their journey from the very beginning before tackling the all-new content. Based on player feedback, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will make the Dragon’s Dogma gameplay experience even more satisfying with improvements such as easier travel and a more intuitive menu system.
For those who already own Dragon’s Dogma and then purchase Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, these improvements will be automatically retrofitted to their original game save data.
Key Features of Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen include:
* Explore the expansive depths of Bitterblack Isle and uncover the dark force that lurks below.
* Fully compatible with your existing Dragon’s Dogma save data. Import your characters and continue your journey as the Arisen!
* 25 new terrifying new enemies to face including, Goblin Shaman, Elder Ogres, and Death himself!
* Dark Arisen provides each character class with a new higher tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and magicks to master.
* Includes over 100 pieces of new high level weapons and armor for players venturing into the underground caverns.
* 14 all new passive skills give players new ways to customize their character’s abilities.
* All new tiers of equipment enhancement allow players to forge the mightiest weapons and armor.
* Brand new character customization options give you even more ways to design and customize the look of your hero.
* Improvements to both the menu and travel systems provides an overall improved gaming experience.
* Also includes the full Japanese language option and VO.
* For owners of Dragon’s Dogma, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will include special free bonus items including 100,000 rift crystals, an all new Armor Pack consisting of 6 costumes, and an Ferrystone with unlimited uses.